Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mountain, shmountain...

I have this relative of mine who lives out west and enjoys the scenery by hiking here, skiing there, and biking everywhere. We love to visit him, his wife, and son (and dog), but just so you know, we've got some of the great outdoors here, too.

I've posted some pictures of my great outdoor adventures, too. Out here in the flatlands, we don't burden God with creating our entertainment, we just wait for a diesel payloader to do it for us.

Lindsey and I had a good time this Sunday afternoon playing around outside. The weather was beautiful. Temperatures hovered around 30 degrees--a veritable heat wave--and we had clear skies--a beautiful blue as you will see from the snapshots.

So, with the panorama of Hull as a backdrop, I bask in the schadenfreude that will come when my Mile High relative looks with envy and longing at the grandeur of yon snowpile.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Joel said...

You certainly have more snow than us--I'll grant you that. 65 and sunny here today and more of the same tomorrow. Should I lie and say that I'd prefer the snow? :)

Anonymous said...

Mile High Guy appears to be jealous!